Let’s Connect on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!Jump to Recipe
Baking a big healthy casserole on Sunday and doling it out during the week is the easiest way, in my book, to stay on top of your health and wellness goals. This Low Carb Chicken Fajita Casserole is one of my favorites…so tasty and so much flavor!
Weight Watchers Smart Points = 11
MEAL PREP TIP: During your Sunday meal prep, cook this entire casserole IN ADVANCE. Then during the week, you can dish it out for lunch or dinner without having to cook again! You can do this up to five days in advance. But you might want to double the recipe so that you have enough for leftovers for lunch!
Need an Easy Button? Are you short on time and need a shortcut to make this recipe easier? Cook the chicken in the Instant Pot. Instead of having to stand over the sauté pan and stir the chicken, just set the Instant Pot to 8 minutes and walk away!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What should I serve with Low Carb Chicken Fajita Casserole? A side salad is good with any meal…its especially good to eat a side salad while the casserole is baking in the oven. This will help to fill up your tummy before your meal!
What do I do with leftover Low Carb Chicken Fajita Casserole? You can safely store your leftovers in the refrigerator for up to five day. And like I said before, you can have leftovers for lunch if you make a double batch!
Is this recipe Low Carb? YES! Only 17 carbs!
Is this recipe Keto? YES! Only 17 carbs and 7 grams of sugar!
Is this recipe Whole 30? Unfortunately no. The cheese and sour cream remove this diet from the Whole 30 category.
Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Bake
Don’t forget to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this delivered right to your inbox!
Cheesy Chicken Fajita Casserole
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless cut into 1" pieces
- 2 bell peppers sliced or chopped
- 1/2 onion sliced or chopped
- 1 packet fajita seasoning (or taco seasoning)
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese
- 2 cups low fat cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Sauté the chicken until cooked through. (For an easier fix-it-and-forget-it open, cook the chicken in an Instant Pot for 8 minutes.)
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Sauté the onions and peppers in the same pan until tender.
- Add the chicken, peppers, and onions to a baking dish. Stir in sour cream, cream cheese, and fajita seasoning. Cover with shredded cheddar cheese. (If you are using a oven safe sauté pan, you can simply add everything back to the pan and put it in the oven.)
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.