I love a warming, hardy soup in winter…but I don’t love all the unnecessary carbs. This Bacon Buffalo Ranch Chicken Soup cuts the carbs to make it both low carb and keto friendly. If you are on the Keto Diet, you will notice that I have used low fat cheddar and cream cheese in this recipe so you may want to substitute full fat to comply with Keto guidelines. At any rate, get ready for your whole house to smell like home-cookin’ goodness!
Weight Watchers Smart Points = 9
MEAL PREP TIP: During your Sunday meal prep, you can either make this dish as a whole or simply prep the ingredients. If you are cooking in advance, this dish will store in your refrigerator for up to five days. If you are meal prepping the ingredients, you can chop the celery and peppers in advance so that all you have to do is toss everything into the slow cooker. But you might want to double the recipe so that you have enough for leftovers for lunch!
Need an Easy Button? Are you short on time and need a shortcut to make this recipe easier? I bought the celery and peppers already chopped up and the garlic already minced…it is rare that I actually have time to stand around in the kitchen chopping vegetables! Also, you can buy a rotisserie chicken to shred and skip the slow cooking. Just sauté the celery, peppers, and garlic in a stock pot over medium high heat and then add the shredded chicken, chicken broth, cream cheese, and cheddar. Stir until heated through.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What should I serve with Slow Cooked Bacon Buffalo Ranch Chicken Soup? This soup is perfect by itself…but greens are always a good idea. A healthy side salad or microwave steamed spinach would pair perfectly with this soup.
What do I do with leftover Slow Cooked Bacon Buffalo Ranch Chicken Soup? You can safely store your leftovers in the refrigerator for up to five day. And like I said before, you can have leftovers for lunch if you make a double batch of it!
Is this recipe Low Carb? YES! This recipe has only SIX carbs – well under the low carb diet limit of 20-50 carbs a day!
Is this recipe Keto? YES! If you are on the Keto Diet, you will notice that I have used low fat cheddar and cream cheese in this recipe so you may want to substitute full fat to comply with Keto guidelines.
Is this recipe Whole 30? Unfortunately, no. The use of cream cheese, cheddar, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing do not meet Whole 30 diet guidelines.
- Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Bake
- Winter White Bean Soup
- Smoky Black Bean Chipotle Soup
- Rainy Day Lentil Soup
Don’t forget to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Bacon Buffalo Ranch Chicken Soup (Low Carb / Keto) delivered right to your inbox!
Did you try this recipe?
Tag me on Instagram at @WoWzerKitchen and use the hashtag #WoWzerKitchen!!!
Slow Cooked Bacon Buffalo Ranch Chicken Soup (Low Carb / Keto)
- Slow Cooker
- 2 lb chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 tbsp ghee (or butter)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 32 oz chicken broth, low sodium (one carton)
- 1/2 cup low fat ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (use less for less spicy)
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese
- 2 cups low fat cheddar cheese (more for garnish)
- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped (for garnish)
- green onions, sliced (for garnish)
- In a slow cooker, add the ghee (or butter), garlic, celery, peppers, chicken broth, smoked paprika, and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken and cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours).
- Remove the chicken breast from the slow cooker. In a separate bowl, shred the chicken with a fork.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker. Add the ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, cheddar, and cream cheese. Stir vigorously until combined.
- Top each bowl of soup with half a slice of turkey bacon, chives, and a little extra cheddar.