Let’s Connect on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!Jump to Recipe
I came up with this recipe because I wanted the flavor of chicken enchiladas….without the carbs and calories of the traditional dish. So I took away the tortillas and simply baked the chicken in enchilada sauce. And as a HUGE TIMESAVING shortcut, I simply used a rotisserie chicken instead of cooking the chicken myself!
Weight Watchers Smart Points =
MEAL PREP TIP: During your Sunday meal prep, you can cook this entire dish in advance and store it in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. You can do this up to five days in advance. But you might want to double the recipe so that you have enough for leftovers for lunch!
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I serve with Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Bake? This dish is perfect by itself but a side of green salad is always a good idea!
What do I do with leftover Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Bake? You can safely store your leftovers in the refrigerator for up to five day. And like I said before, you can have leftovers for lunch if you make a double batch!
Is this recipe Low Carb? YES!
Is this recipe Keto? YES!
Is this recipe Whole30? Unfortunately, no. The cheese and enchilada sauce removes this recipe from the Whole30 category.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Healthier Indian Butter Chicken (Low Carb / Keto) delivered right to your inbox!
Did you try this recipe?
Tag me on Instagram at @WoWzerKitchen and use the hashtag #WoWzerKitchen!!!
Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Bake
- 1.5 lb rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 1/2 can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Shred the rotisserie chicken with a fork.
- Mix the shredded chicken with approximately half the can of enchilada sauce. Be careful not to add so much sauce that the chicken gets soggy.
- Sprinkle approximately 2 tablespoons of the cheese in with the chikcen mixture and stir.
- Spread the chicken mixture into an 8" x 8" baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350F for approximately 10 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with a side of guacamole or sour cream, if desired.