In case you haven’t noticed, I have a soft spot for New Orleans and its Cajun Cuisine. Although Cajun dishes tend to use lots of rice, this easy Cajun Shrimp Bowl utilizes cauliflower rice as a low carb option. Let’s get started!
In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with salt-free Cajun seasoning. Prepare the cauliflower rice according to package directions.
You will need a large skillet. (No large skillet? No problem. Just work in batches instead.) Heat to medium high. Then add a tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet and sauté the onions until translucent.
Then add the chicken andouille sausage to the skillet. Sauté until slightly brown to unlock the flavor.
Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the skillet. I prefer large Gulf Shrimp for their slightly sweet flavor. Cook the shrimp until they are opaque and form a C-curve.
Add in the cauliflower rice and stir to combine. Give the mixture a good shake of smoked paprika. Heat until combined. Garnish with cilantro and serve nice and hot!
Low Carb Cajun Shrimp Bowl
- Large Skillet
- 1 package cauliflower rice
- 2 lb large shrimp
- 2 oz chicken andouille sausage sliced
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- cayenne pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with salt-free Cajun seasoning (smoked paprika, onion, garlic, oregano, thyme, cayenne).
- Prepare the cauliflower rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add the olive oil and onions. Sauté the onions until transluscent.
- Then add the chicken andoille sausage. Sauté just long enough to unlock the flavor (approximately 2 minutes).
- Add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook the shrimp until opaque and form a C-curve.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the skillet and stir to combine. Give the mixture a good shake of smoked paprika. Cook until heated through.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve nice and hot!