Its no secret that I am a total fan of one pot and one pan meals: they are easy to make, easy to clean, and provide all of your nutrients in one pan. This Healthy One Pan Chicken & Spinach provides all three essential components of a healthy meal – protein, starchy carbs, and fiber carbs – with only one dish to clean!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thin cut
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cups chicken bone broth, unsalted
- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 8-10 basil leaves, chopped (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1 tbsp oregano, dried
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2-3 bay leaves
- olive oil cooking spray
- Lemon juice, optional
- Lightly coat a large skillet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Saute onions and garlic in the skillet until translucent and slightly brown. Transfer into a small bowl and set aside.
- Lightly coat the skillet again with olive oil cooking spray. Saute the chicken breasts for approximately 4 minutes on each side, checking not the burn. Transfer to a plate a set aside.
- Add to the skillet the chicken bone broth, quinoa, basil, oregano, onions, bay leaves, and cooked garlic and onions, giving the skillet a stir. Nestle the chicken breasts into the skillet. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cover with a lid. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes, or until an internal thermometer interested into the chicken registers 165F.
- REMOVE THE BAY LEAVES and toss. Transfer a chicken breast and a spoonful of the quinoa and spinach mixture. Drizzle with lemon juice, if desired.