I love meatballs for a variety of reasons: they are easy to make in one ounce sizes for portion control, they use ground meat which is generally cheaper, and if I have a couple of leftovers then they serve as tomorrow’s snacks. These red curry turkey meatballs are a little on the spicy side so feel free to reduce the amount of red curry paste or Tabasco or Sriracha and the mayo.
Makes 4 Servings
Red Curry Turkey Meatballs
- 1.5 pound ground turkey, lean
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, paste
- 1/4 cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 eggs whites
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, reduced fat
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or hot sauce)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, garlic, ginger, red curry paste, cilantro, and egg whites. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on the cooking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 20-22 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- While the meatballs are baking, whisk together the mayo, Sriracha, and lime juice. Set aside.
- After removing the meatballs from the oven, place 4 to 5 meatballs per person on a plate and drizzle with the Sriracha mayo. Enjoy!