Let’s Connect on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Preparing for a small gathering during this 2020 holiday season? No need to cook the big bird during this COVID-19 outbreak. This one pan holiday meal will make cooking…and clean up…for your small table rather easy. Also, skipping things like butter, turkey skin, and gravy (substituting Horseradish Creme instead) won’t break your diet and will keep you on track with your health and wellness goals! And don’t forget to get your daily steps in with a walk-in-place workout from WalkingOnlineWorkouts.com!
MEAL PREP TIP: In advance, you can chop/mince the onions, celery, and garlic. You can also mix up the dry ingredients and toss with the vegetables, storing in a plastic bag in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook. Just dump the contents of the plastic bag into the pan! This will free up your time to spend with your loved ones!
One Pan Healthy Holiday Meal
- Roasting Pan
- 4 turkey tenderloins
- 1/2 pound carrots
- 1/2 pound celery chopped
- 1/2 onion cut into wedges
- 1 pound red potatoes halved
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dill weed
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp low-fat mayonaisse
- 1 tbsp horseradish prepared
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425F.
- In a small bowl, combine the dried ingredients (garlic, dill, thyme, rosemary, paprika, pepper).
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, celery, minced garlic, onions, and red potatoes. Using 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil, toss the vegetables with the peanut oil and HALF of the dried ingredients.
- Transfer the vegetables to the roasting pan. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, rub the turkey tenderloins with the remaining peanut oil and dry ingredients.
- After roasting for 20 minutes, push the vegetables to the sides of the roasting pan. Place the turkey tenderloins in the center. Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until an internal temperature reaches 165F.
- While the turkey is roasting, whish together the mayonnaise, horseradish, and lemon juice. Refridgerate until ready to serve alongside the turkey tenderloins.
- Enjoy with your loved ones and give thanks for their presence in your life!