Let’s Connect on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
I love making meatballs for meals because of portion control. In general, I roll my meatballs into one ounce portions: so if I eat 4 meatballs, I know that equals 4 ounces. Rather helpful when counting calories!!! I also make meatballs in big batches so that I can enjoy them as a low carb snack in between main meals. Rather helpful when counting calories! Also, leaving out those bread crumbs traditionally used in meatballs creates a low carb alternative.
And these Turkish Meatballs are only 4 WW SMART POINTS!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp mint
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Heat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, breadcrumbs, cheese, eggs, cumin, onion powder, smoked paprika, parsley, and mint.
- Shape the mixture into balls approximately 1 inch in diameter. Arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Serve alongside the low fat sour cream for dipping! (You can also add a little mint and parsley to the sour cream for more flavor.)
Sodium: 176mgCalcium: 112mgVitamin C: 4mgVitamin A: 1297IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 459mgCholesterol: 109mgCalories: 189kcalSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 6gProtein: 31gCarbohydrates: 4gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!