MEAL PREP: If you are prepping your weekly meals on Sunday, you can do the following and store in plastic bags until you are ready to cook:
- Slice the peppers and onion.
- Chop the cilantro.
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning (Salt Free)
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Lime juice, to taste
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Heat an oven to 400F.
- Slice the onions and peppers into strips.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil and arrange the pepper slices on the baking sheet. Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- While the peppers are baking, toss the shrimp in Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning.
- After the peppers have roasted for approximately 15 minutes, add the shrimp to the sheet pan and drizzle the pan with lime juice. Stir the peppers and onions.
- Return to the oven. Bake for another 5-7 minutes or until the shrimp are opaque.
- OPTIONAL: Turn the oven to broil for approximately 2-3 minutes to give the peppers, onions, and shrimp a slight char.
- Serve with flour tortillas (substitute low carb tortillas, gluten free tortillas, or lettuce boats). Garnish with cilantro. Top with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese.
Makes 4 Servings.