This recipe is “Old Reliable” in my kitchen. It’s easy-breezy and never fails to produce a lip-lickin’ tasty meal.
MEAL PREP: If you are prepping your weekly meals on Sunday, you can do the following a store in a plastic bag until you are ready to cook:
- Marinade the chicken breasts in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, pineapple juice, and garlic then refrigerate in a plastic bag until ready to cook.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for marinade)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for carrots)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Rainbow carrots
- Button mushrooms, cut into halves
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Using a meat tenderizer, pound the chicken breasts until thin and uniform in thickness.
- Combine in a large bowl or plastic bag the balsamic vinegar, pineapple juice, olive oil, and garlic. Marinade for at least thirty minutes.
- In a separate bowl, toss the carrots and mushrooms with olive oil.
- Heat the oven to 400F. Spray a sheet pan with olive oil cooking spray. Arrange the chicken, carrots, and mushrooms on the sheet pan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F.
Makes 4 servings.