I’m a Southern girl at heart. And I admit it: I love grits. But this recipe provides a healthier alternative to the corn-and-butter laden recipe of my youth. And like real grits, these cauliflower grits don’t have flavor unless and until you top with cheese.
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 bag of cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup fat free milk (or coconut milk, almond milk, etc.)
- Salt Free Cajun Seasoning to taste
- 1lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Collard greens, spinach, or chard
- 4 strips of sugar free bacon, chopped
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped scallions, parsley, or cilantro for garnish
- In a sauce pan, cook the 1 tablespoon of olive oil, milk, and cauliflower until tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- While the cauliflower is cooking, season the shrimp to taste with the cajun seasoning.
- Coat a separate skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Over medium heat, sauté the bacon and shrimp until the shrimp is opaque. Add the greens for the last minute of cooking a sauté until wilted.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of cauliflower grits into a bowl. Top with 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese. Layer greens and 8-10 shrimp over top.